Acidity is a common problem experienced by men and women. It is a symptom and not a disease. Excessive production of hydrochloric acid by the stomach causes acidity and hyperacidity. People who are habitual of eating too many spicy and fried foods suffer from acidity and hyperacidity. Stomach secretes hydrochloric acid for normal digestion of food nutrients. During normal digestion acid secreted by the stomach helps in the digestion of food but when it is secreted in excess it leads to a condition known as acidity or hyperacidity. There are different remedies available in the market to balance the acid level in stomach but they provide temporary or no relief. It is best that people suffering from acidity should try home remedies for acidity. Home remedies give acidity natural cure and helps in preventing recurrent attacks of acidity. Whenever you start getting symptoms of acidity you should try the home remedies for acidity given in this article. There are many herbal remedies that also help in acidity natural cure.
What are the symptoms of acidity?
- The main symptom of acidity is heart burn. There is burning pain in the chest. It is felt deep inside the chest and it occurs after eating food. People suffering acidity and hyperacidity suddenly starts complaining of pain in the chest after eating food. It may happen anytime of the day. There is feeling of regurgitation and vomiting.
- Excessive acid can also produce ulcers of the stomach lining. The ulcers may be diffused or localised and can cause severe pain in the stomach.
- There is nausea and vomiting associated with too much acidity. Indigestion is also an important symptom of acidity. Most of the symptoms associated with acidity are temporary and may go away as soon there is balance between the acid secretion and other digestive juices.
- Sour eructations are often associated with gastric complaints and may occur commonly in people suffering from acidity or hyperacidity.
Buy Package for Acidity
|1 Pack, Trackable Shipping Free||$60.00||Free|
Buy Package for HyperAcidity
|1 Pack, Trackable Shipping Free||$70.00||Free|
Herbal remedies for acidity
Many herbs have been traditionally used for the treatment of acidity. Herbal remedies give natural cure for acidity and do not produce any side effects. All the herbal remedies recommended for acidity is safe and do not produce any side effect even when taken for long time:
Avipattikara churna is found to be an effective herbal remedy for acidity. It gives quick relief from acidity and heart burn.
Mukta Sukti bhasm is another herb which is used for the treatment of acidity. It may be combined with Avipittakara churna to get immediate relief from acidity and heartburn.
moti pisti is also a useful herbal remedy for chronic acidity. All the three herbal remedies are available in one package for people suffering from acidity. Regular intake of these herbal remedies gives quick relief from acidity. These herbal remedies are safe and provide best treatment from acute or chronic acidity.
Home remedies for acidity
Acidity is not a difficult problem and it can be easily treated at home by using the home remedies. There are many home remedies that are easily available in our homes. Some useful and effective home remedies for acidity are:
- Aniseed is good for getting relief from aniseed. People in India have a habit of chewing aniseeds after the food which aids in digestion and also helps them to get relief from acidity.
- Next home remedy that can be used for the treatment of acidity is cold milk. Yes, you can drink one glass of milk everyday to get relief from acidity. Cold milk helps to neutralize the acidic effect thus giving you relief from acidity.
- Drinking water at regular intervals also gives relief from acidity. People prone to suffer from acidity should drink more water to get relief from acidity.
- Jaggery: Jaggery or Gur is another important home remedy for getting relief from acidity. In India people keep a small lump of gur in their mouth to get relief from acidity to avoid symptoms of acidity.
- Banana: Banana is also a good remedy for getting relief from recurrent symptoms of acidity. Eating one banana everyday helps in the treatment of acidity.
- Clove: keep one or two pieces of cloves in your mouth after eating food. The juice of cloves helps in proper digestion of food and prevents acidity.
- Ginger is another home remedy for acidity. Ginger helps in the digestion of nutrients of the food by breaking them into simpler substances.
- Eating curd can also help in giving relief from acidity and hyperacidity. Curd is good for maintaining normal digestive functions.
Prevention of acidity
If you are not interested in taking any kind of treatment for acidity then you may take several steps for the prevention of acidity. Some important tips are given here that may help you to prevent acidity:
- The main cause should be immediately removed from the body for treatment of acidity. The first thing to prevent acidity is avoid eating too much spicy and fried food. This will natural helps in the prevention of acidity.
- Yoga and exercise are also good for keeping your body healthy. Exercise helps in the optimum functioning of all the body organs.
- Eat more carbohydrates as they are easily digestible and can be easily broken down into simpler substances for giving energy.
- Try to finish your dinner about two hours before going to bed. It helps in proper and complete digestion of the food and keeps you healthy.
- Obesity is another cause for digestive problems. Therefore, people who have increased weight should do exercise to lose weight.
- Cigarette smoking and alcohol drinking are bad for health and peoples suffering from acidity should avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Also brushing of teeth two times in a day help to keep you healthy and fit. Clean your tongue while brushing your teeth. It prevents formation of acid.
- Always eat homemade food and try to avoid outside food if you are suffering acidity or hyperacidity.