Cataract refers to a condition in which clouding of the lens occurs, which affects the vision. The person having cataract will become sensitive to glaring light. It mainly occurs in older people due to degenerative changes in the cells and tissues. One or both eyes may get affected with cataract. People who develop cataract in both eyes are severely affected as they have difficulty in doing the daily activities. A clear lens allows the light to pass through and helps the patient to see proper image of an object. When a part of the lens becomes opaque, it does not allow the light to pass through and the vision becomes blurry. If treatment is not taken at an early stage it may cause absolute loss of vision. There are mainly two types of cataract:
Cataract related to age that appears later in life. It is the most common type.
Congenital cataract is present at the time of birth. It is a genetic defect and in some children cataract is diagnosed later in life.
A person with cataract finds it difficult to drive a car or do normal daily activities. Patient has difficulty in seeing the distant objects. Cataracts develop very slowly and most people do not discover it an early stage. As clouding of the lens progresses, vision becomes weak. Now, the patient has to visit a physician for consultation. In advanced cases of cataract, they prescribe surgery. Both men and women are affected with this equally. Many people take cataract herbal remedies for preventing cataract. There are effective cataract herbal remedies that help to restore vision and prevent further damage to the lens. Even cataract home remedies also successfully help to prevent cataract and loss of vision.
Symptoms of cataract
Symptoms start slowly to creep up in people with cataract. When cloud becomes excessively cloudy and vision gets impaired then a person may visit a physician for check up and may come to know about the problem. People with mild cataract may not experience any symptoms for a long time. Some of the important symptoms of cataract are:
- Cloudy and blurred vision
- Vision as if one is looking through a frosted glass
- There are small spots in the eye where vision is affected
- Patient has difficulty in seeing in dim light
- Patient may also has difficulty in seeing bright light as well
- There is fadedness of the colours in front of people with cataract
- Reading is difficulty and becomes impossible with advancing cataract
- Driving becomes difficult, there are halos of light before eyes while driving
Buy Package for Cataract Glaucoma
|Package for Cataract – 1 Pack||$83.00||Free Shipping|
Cataract home remedies
- Take one teaspoon of rose water and mix it with one teaspoon of fresh lemon juice. Put one drop of this mixture in both eyes regularly. It is a useful home remedy for cataract in acute stage.
- Take some almond and soak them overnight. Peel them off and eat them in the morning with a glass of warm milk every day. It helps to provide strength to the eyes and improves vision.
- Vitamin A is very good for maintaining good eye health. Eat fruits and vegetables that are rich sources of vitamin A. Carrots, spinach, tomato, and apple are good sources of vitamin A and help to maintain good vision.
- Garlic is known for ages and is found to be an effective remedy for removing the inflammation of eyes. It helps in removing the cloudiness and is a good remedy for eye health. Eat one or two cloves of garlic everyday to get good vision.
- Take one teaspoon of ginger juice, one teaspoon of lemon juice and one tea spoon of onion juice. Mix it with one tablespoon of honey. Add some water to reduce its thickness. Put two drops of this mixture in both eyes every day.
Prevention of cataract
It is important that older people should visit the eye physician regularly for eye check up. Some important steps to lower the risk of cataract are given below:
People who smoke should give up smoking. It is found that people who smoke are at higher risk of developing cataract. Smoking is injurious to health and may lead to other diseases of the eyes as well.
Proper nutrition is very important for maintaining good eye health. One should eat plenty of fruits and vegetables to prevent eye diseases. Fruits and vegetables rich in carotene compounds should be eaten to prevent eye diseases.
Do not expose your eyes to the direct rays of the sun. Wear sunglasses when going out in the sun to prevent exposure to UV rays of the sun.
Good sleep is necessary. Take at least seven to eight hours of sleep to avoid any stress.
Diabetic people should take care of their eyes. It is very important to control blood sugar because diabetic people are prone to develop frequent eye problems and they can develop cataract and other eye problems quickly.
Exercise is also important to remain healthy and fit. One should do regular exercise and meditation to avoid stress.