Chronic renal failure occurs when kidneys do not work properly for a sufficient period of time. The main function of the kidneys is to filter the blood and remove waste and harmful substances from the body. When your kidneys fail to remove the wastes products or do not filter the blood properly toxic substances get accumulated in your body and you become sick. Chronic renal failure occurs slowly. Damage to your kidneys occurs slowly. There are small filtering units in your kidneys known as nephrons. When nephrons do not filter the blood properly, waste materials get back into the blood and produce various signs and symptoms. When damage occurs every day, nephrons stop working and a point is reached when there is no filtering unit working in your kidneys. People suffering from high blood pressure, high blood sugar are prone to suffer from chronic renal failure.
There are different types of chronic renal failure treatment. There are some home remedies for renal failure that also help in the treatment of chronic renal failure. Symptoms of chronic renal failure occur after severe damage to the kidneys has been done.
Symptoms of chronic renal failure
- There is scanty urination. Patient is unable to pass normal urine.
- There is swelling of limbs, under the eyes due to accumulation of fluid.
- There is feeling of tiredness. Patient remains lethargic and feels sleepy.
- Appetite decreases. Patient does not feel hungry and lose weight slowly.
- There is feeling of discomfort in the stomach. There is continuous headache.
- There is bad taste in the mouth, itching of the skin and twitching of muscles and cramping in the legs.
- There is an increased risk of infection. People with chronic renal failure may suffer from acute infections.
- Bones become brittle due to electrolyte imbalance and deficiency of minerals.
- There is passage of blood in the urine which may cause anaemia.
Detail of remedies in package of chronic renal failure:-
Vrkka dosa Hara Kvatha: This herbal remedy is a useful for any type of kidney disease. It helps to rejuvenate the cells of kidneys for normal functioning.
Giloy Sat: This is an herbal remedy that helps to restore the normal functioning of the kidneys. It helps to rejuvenate the cells of the kidneys and promote normal functioning of the kidneys.
Vasant Kusumakar Ras: This remedy helps to provide nutritional supplements that provide nutrition to the kidneys for optimum functioning.
Hajrul Yahud Bhasm: This natural and herbal remedy helps to provide relief from symptoms of chronic renal failure. This natural remedy has been used for a long time for kidney problems.
Punarnavadi Mandur: This is a traditional remedy that provides required support to the kidneys for normal functioning. It is an excellent remedy to restore the normal functioning of the kidneys by supplying essential nutrients.
Chardraprabha vati: This remedy is believed to be very useful in the treatment of chronic renal failure. It provides support to the kidney cells and promotes normal functioning.
Goksuradi Guggulu: This herbal remedy is found to be very effective for giving quick relief from symptoms of chronic renal failure. It has been proved to be an excellent herbal and natural remedy for the chronic renal failure treatment.
Home remedies for chronic renal failure
Home remedies help kidney failure patients to manage the symptoms of chronic renal failure at home. Home remedies help the patients to get relief from symptoms and complications of chronic renal failure. These remedies are absolutely natural and safe and help to stabilize the illness. It prevents the progression of kidney disease. There are many foods that help to relive the symptoms of chronic renal failure. Some useful home remedies for chronic renal failure are discussed as under:
- Cucumber naturally helps in flushing out the toxins and waste substances from the kidneys. A person suffering from chronic renal failure or any other kidney disease should eat cucumber everyday to get relief from symptoms of kidney disease.
- Radish is another important home remedy for chronic renal disease. It helps to improve renal functioning. It helps in filtering the waste substances from the kidneys naturally and effectively.
- Beet juice is also a useful remedy for people suffering from chronic kidney disease. It helps to increase the production of red blood cells. It is a useful remedy to treat anaemia.
- Basil leaves also help in removing the kidney stones. It helps to control blood pressure and give relief to the symptoms of chronic renal failure.
- Cranberry juice is very useful in preventing infection of the kidney. It is also useful remedy that helps in alleviating the swelling and other symptoms of chronic renal failure.
- Dandelion helps in removing excessive fluid from the body. It gives relief from edema of feet, ankles, face and hands, etc.
Prevention of chronic renal failure
- Lower the amount of salt in diet. Increased salt intake will raise the blood pressure.
- Eat foods that are low in potassium. You should eat food such as apples, green beans, grapes and strawberries.
- People with chronic renal failure should avoid eating high protein diet. High proteins foods such as milk, cheese and eggs should be avoided. Low protein foods such as breads, cereals, fruits should be included in the diet.
- Exercise is recommended that helps to boost up the immune system. Simple yoga exercise may help to give relief from symptoms of the kidney disease.
- Patient with kidney disease should drink more water to flush out the toxic chemicals. Amount of urine decreases in patients with kidney disease and drinking more water will help to remove harmful substances from the body easily.
- Fatty foods should be avoided.
- Alcohol drink should be avoided. Cigarette smoking should be reduced or completely eliminated.
- Spicy food should be avoided as it may produce acids and cause harm to the kidneys.