Migraine is a special type of headache. In this type of headache, the sufferer complains of pain on one side of the head. The pain may commence either from the right or left side of the head and spread over the whole head. This kind of headache runs in families. Members of the same family may complain of migraine headache at different points of life. It may occur repeatedly after long or short intervals. It is related to the nervous system. There is increased pressure in the blood vessels that may produce intense pain in the region of head. It may be produced to be reduced supply of blood to the head. When there is decreased circulation of blood to the head, it can produce headache. There is no specific treatment for migraine headaches. One should take home remedies to get natural migraine relief. Useful home remedies are given below in this article that may help you to get rid of recurrent attacks of headache.
Causes of migraines
Migraine may be produced due to different causes. Some of the important causes of migraines are:
- Migraine headaches are produced due to insufficient supply of blood to the brain. Lack of proper nutrition can cause headache.
- Excessive exposure to bright light can also produce headache. Many people who remain under the exposure of loud noises may also suffer from recurrent attacks of headache.
- Excessive stress and physical work can also produce recurrent attacks of migraine headache. People who remain under continuous mental stress may complain of headache.
- Improper sleep is also responsible for producing headache. People who do not take proper sleep at night may complain of headache in the morning.
- Excessive smoke in the environment can also produce headache. Smoke reduced the supply of oxygen to the brain that may produce nausea and vomiting.
- Women suffer from migraine headache during menstruation or menopause. There is a hormonal change that can trigger up the attacks of headache in women.
- Excessive intake of alcohol and cigarette smoking also reduces the supply of oxygen to the brain that can produce headache.
, Trackable Shipping Free
Home remedies for migraines
There are many useful home remedies that may be used regularly to get rid of recurrent headache attacks. People who suffer from migraine headache can take these home remedies regularly. Home remedies are safe and do not produce any side effects. Some useful home remedies for migraines are:
Massage your head regularly with coconut oil. Regular massage increases the supply of blood and also increases proper circulation of blood to all the parts of the brain.
One should eat fruits such as papaya, apple, grapes, etc. to supply proper nutrients to all parts of the body. It will help to recover from recurrent headache attacks.
Khas-khas is an important home remedy to get rid of migraine attacks. Take one teaspoon of powdered khas-khas and mix it in a glass of hot milk. Drink it every day to get rid of recurrent attacks of migraine.